Re: Looper, instrument or a recorder?

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Andy Owens <andy@1800dialword.com> wrote:
> With all this script talk and etc, it makes me see that in some ways a
> looper starts becoming an instrument vs a record/instantplayback device.

I use loopers as creative tools and as instant composers. I don't have
full control about what's coming out of  my main outputs when I'm
playing, live or in the studio; sometimes it's good, sometimes not
;-)  The interesting thing for me about looping is that, usually, the
resulting composition is far more interesting than a multi-track
studio recording you've been working on for a long time. Improvised
live looping music is pure, often more organic, sometimes even
magical, often difficult to reproduce, unique.

@simeon: You've been using Mobius a lot recently ;-) Looking forward
to the Loopfest!

--
Sjaak Overgaauw