EDP as an Audio Sequencer

Hello Loopers.

I'd love to hear from some of you who have used multiple EDP's as an audio
sequencer with a MIDI sequencer/drum machine.  I have an EDP for a Bass
Guitar and a second one for an Electric Guitar.  I'm programing an MPC
1000 to send the commands and MIDI Clock to the EDPs.   I'm only trying to
do simple Verse/Chorus/Bridge stuff.  I'll record a couple of differently
layered versions of a chorus and a verse and then trigger the loops with
switch-quantized loop trigger commands to arrange the parts.  I have not
yet found a reliable way to keep both of the EDP's from slipping out of
time with each other.  Even brother syncing them slips most of the time.

Andy and Matthias have both been helpful in pointing out some
possibilities.  But unfortunately I haven't had any solid luck with any
method I've tried yet.  I also asked an old list member named Claud Voit,
but he wasn't into making music with loops anymore.

Any success stories out there using the same techniques I'm employing?

---John AM.