midi visualizer vst?

today I thought it would be very cool if I could dynamically visualize my
own live music, but not with one of the many available audio based
visualizers (like in Winamp) but midi controlled - e.g. by playing my
midified guitar. I thought with midi I could have a much more precise and
definable control over all parameters. I guess this can all be easily done
with Max and Jitter but maybe there is a simple readymade tool for this?
that I could plug into my Bidule? in Windows? I couldn't find anything
strangely enough. Am I the first to imagine such a tool?

-Michael