Re: OT: a power question

Tom Swirly schrieb:
> Second, both wireless units I'm looking at are actually DC powered
> with what looks like a typical AC/DC adaptor.  My other units that
> have comparable such adaptors are all 110/220V in practice!
>
> What are the chances that the adaptor will actually work on 220V if I
> tried it?  I don't mind the chance of blowing the adaptor out, but I
> really don't want to blow the unit itself out!
If it's a standard AC/DC adaptor (meaning transformer followed by
rectifier), then it will blow the unit. Unfortunately, most of the
adaptors are this kind.
Here's what I did for my "international rig": I replaced all of the
adaptors with SPS type ones which take both 220 and 110 - problem
solved. You can usually get them at your local electronics store.

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs