Re: rhythm sequencers software

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Louie Angulo
<louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> what im very interested in also is how reliable is Mobius slaving
> Ableton synced with something like LoopBE as Rainer mentioned.

Not very reliable - if you mean that Ableton should sync as the slave
to something (?) while running Mobius as a plug-in. Ableton is a
stable host but when playing catch-up the amounts of calculations
needed to be fulfilled on a very short deadline can easily increase
too much for the given time window.

> with all this software isnt there any simple drum sampler out there
> that can sync reliably with mobius??

Mobius can not be a plugin host so that needs the software drum
sampler to follow MIDI Clock (sent out by Mobius). I would guess a lot
of the software drum samplers can do that fine.

Myself I've been using iDrum since 2004 both as MIDI Clock slave
synced standalone application and as plugin under a host and wouldn't
hesitate to recommend it for live work. It can keep its own song
structure arrangement and switch between. iDrum is not a sampler
though, it is a Sample Player. If you are serious about a software
based drum sampler there is the new Geist from FxPansion. Native
Instrument's sampler Kontakt 4 can also double up as a drum sampler
(not sure you want both sampling and sequencing within the same drum
software, but I guessed so when writing this answer).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com