Re: alternatives to rhythm sequencers software

Bill et al,

Thanks to everyone for the info this is certainly a site where I learn something new each day. Bill, per your idea, lately I have been using SoundPlant to play samples I loaded from an old copy of DrumCore I bought years ago and never used. I have been having fun slowing down the samples to the point you don't even know it is a drum anymore.....

Eric

From: William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sat, January 29, 2011 12:53:45 PM
Subject: Re:alternatives to rhythm sequencers software

Dear Luis et all, I think that my old band mate and looper Gary Regina ( and the Genie for that matter) has the coolest and easiest way to get great drum beats without resorting to midi clock, drum machines or sequencers, software etc... Simple resampling, like I think you are now on to Luis, You have this great new looper that stores a huge amount of loops so use it as your beat loop storage device,  and if you can't sync to anything, simply resample those beats on to your edp for further mangling, perfect stops and starts etc. Gary does it on an RC 50, before that it was a original Lexicon Jamman. That cool thing about this is obviously you can sample anything from your favorite hip grooves and dance tracks, to Martin Luther King throwing down his Dream,  and if you don't have a looper with storage, an I-pod or CD player  routed to your looper will suffice, and from a visual standpoint resampling a drum groove live still gives an audience the sense of the piece being built from scratch as apposed to pressing a button to turn on the canned tracks.
Bill