Re: SoftStep vs 1010

Hi Ed,

Before deciding on what foot MIDI controller board to go with, be sure
to also check out the GORDIUS Little Giant 2! I personally switched to
the LG2 for portability reasons and to save money; I have used three
Beheringer pedals and learned that they last about three years, so if
planning to play for more than three years the more expensive LG2 will
be less expensive in the long run. It is way smaller and lighter and
allow more switches/pedals including the option of four additional
analog expression pedals and/or on/off/momentary switches.
http://www.gordius.be/midi-footcontroller-lg.php

As for the SoftStep I was very excited with it at the projecting stage
when reading the specifications but I withdraw my pre order as the
release was almost half a year delayed. I was afraid that a company
that misses proper scheduling that far may not succeed very well with
their pre release product testing and I don't want to sacrifice my
musical ambitions and booked concerts to become an unpaid beta tester.

So the Gordius was the only player left for me and I can only say I'm
very happy with it. If you get ono, be sure to set up a bootcamp
Windows partition on your MBPro so you can run the Windows only (Mac
version coming, but who knows when...) to manage your Gordius banks
efficiently.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se