Re: Compressor-Sustain Pedal Advice

Yeah, backed off appropriately, it just seems to add a nice punch to the sound. The jury is still out on the grit which is pretty fizzy and seems to add a fair amount of noise (though it cleans right up when I mute my strings). It also seems to do much better first in my chain which makes the issues with not liking the girth of the Monster plug a more annoying issue since it's going to force me to change cables or throw in an adapter. But I'm coming to like adding a touch of compression enough that I'm probably going to feel motivated to resolve that issue.

Disappointed to hear that the build quality is low since reviews had tended to be fairly positive about Pigtronix.

Mark

Ok I'll say it, monster cables suck, our store stopped carrying them, I think they are so much hype and bs and the reality is they are poorly constructed and their oversized 1/4 barrels have a tendency to widen and loosen input jacks so that other cables end up being sloppy feeling in those same jacks.. They have an extra layer of foil sheilding which is fine until the foil starts to deteriorate and then they become microphonic and subject to handling noise. Monster cables are another example of cheap chinese manufacturer, great marketing and our collective stupidity. I have a few at home if any one wants them.
Bill