Re: Eventide. Was: NOrd

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Louie Angulo <louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hey Simeon,funny i was just checking out your patches this morning
very nice man!

thank you!

But i cant believe it doesnt have a Univibe;-(

yes, it does

a few questions:
hows is the octaver to play bass lines?

good

do the harmonizers track well?

yes, very well. on single notes and chords. listen to the C Baritone clip to hear a regular guitar shifted down to C

id also be interested in the regeneration sound quality of the
delays,none of them are labeled as analog or vintage,is it possible to
repilcate them?

yes, by using a combination of delay, tape drive and filters. the regular mono and stereo delays have many parameters to replicate tape style delays also

is it worth paying the difference from the Ultra Axe FX  from the
standard?

in my opinion, yes

is mainly the vocooders and the looper correct?

no, the ultra has more memory, so you can run more fx at once and it also has a synth and many other fx. scroll down a bit here for the comparison - http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_Wiki_Manual#Additional_Ultra_features

it would be possible as well to route the  EDP through its effects
loop and record all its sounds thus avoiding x tra mixers,no?

yes, this is possible, but in my experience there is a very small audio dropout when changing patches on the axefx, which is noticeable when looping pads etc, so not advisable

how do you route your LP1?

i no longer have an lp-1. i now use a macbook running mobius hosted in bidule. i run the main outs of the axefx into the audio interface and monitor directly

is an atomic amp a must or does it sound just as convincing through a
full range P.A.?

that is a matter of opinion, but it sounds great to me through my tannoy reveals and through our 1k stereo pa. many people use full range monitors from QSC and FBT etc and get excellent results

thanx man
cheers
Luis

you're welcome