Re: Total Improv

I'm never as happy as when I'm making something up completely from nothing in a looping environment.  Though over the past years I've taken to doing a combination of live and prerecorded.  However, still, my prerecords are usually mostly of loops I've made and then grown attached to.  I've long since given up the judgement and evaluation part of what's 'better' in terms of the ration, both in my work and the work of others.

This is, essentially, what I've been doing since 1987.

It's hard, and it's often inconsistent when it comes to the end result - how could it help but be.

Real improvisation is always, always, always emotionally cathartic and physically draining.

There is almost no way to prepare for it either.

Some of the gigs I've spent the most time "woodshedding" for have turned out the worst.

Some of the gigs I've prepared for the very least (or not at all) have turned out the absolute best.