Re: OT: Midi linking inside Bidule: help needed

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Fabio_A <eterogenus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Back to Bidule ? Does it have better rountings options than Mainstage ?
>
> Thanks, Per. You saved my day !!!

"Better"....? That depends on what you want to do. Mainstage has way
better CC# control sweep scaling (at least simpler and faster to set
up in graphics as algorithmic curves) for when you want to play an
expression pedal and have multiple plugin's sorted parameters react
differently to the sweep (some cross faded, others fast in the
beginning but slower at the end of the sweep, other the other way
around....). But when doing all that live Mainstage 2 chokes and
crashes. For the west afro band I play EWI in I use Mainstage 1 for
this reason but in Bidule I really can't fine tune my "meta
instrument" as well as under Mainstage 2. But crashing we don't want,
so therefore I'm setting it all up under Bidule now (three audio
inputs: Flute mic and two Stick lines). A little clumsier playing, due
to this CC# scaling issue, but rock solid in stability! As for all
other audio and control data routing I'm finding Bidule ultimately
good. A reason I can do this now is I have finally acquired the needed
plugins (plus experience) to achieve the same audio fidelity as
Mainstage.

Per