Re: Electro Harmonix Freeze - Sound Retainer

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
Great! Do you think that it works well thanks to some special "loop
point cross fading" function in the Vortex?

Im not sure, but I have to admit I was using maybe longer loops than the Freeze appears to do, there was a slight takatakatakataka going on, but no electronic buzz, so maybe. But I think its more to do with the fact that when you switch from one patch to the other in Vortex, you are not just changing patches but morphing them. A longer morph time didnt work as the second patch did not have any audio in it, as the morph occured if also tried to fade the delay buffer to 0 , resulting in a quiet loop. but an instantaneous morph, seemed to do the trick, presumably there is some part of the morph algorithm still inplay, even if the morph time is 0..

Well thats my clever sounding guess...

Mark

--
Mark Francombe