Re: Lower octave

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Michael Peters wrote:
> I watched Theo Travis playing flute yesterday in Antwerp, and saw that he
> used a Boss OC-2 octaver to occasionally add a lower octave to his
>flute. I
> want something that reliably turns guitar notes (especially the lower
>notes)
> into a bass - a pedal and/or a plugin. Recommendations?  (Andy, you will
> probably recommend Chopitch - I need some help using it because more
>often
> than not, the Chopitch sound gets cut off very quickly - not sure what to
> do)
>
> -Michael
For what it's worth, when Arild Andersen played the looping festival,  I
promised him to
find him a Boss OC-2 for his octaving purposes.   When he came, however,
I let him borrow
both the OC-2 and my Danelectro Chili Dog (which also has a combination
of regular octave, one octave
below and two octaves below).

Arild made me sell him my unit,  which cost all of $29 USD on line

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJ12-Chili-Dog-Octave-Pedal?sku=151871

This thing is amazing.  I think it tracks better and sounds more
naturalistic than the OC-2 and
it's hella cheap.

I can't more highly recommend it.     It's so cheap that it's rather hip
to buy two of them (that potentially
four octaves of pitch shifting down........wooohoooooo.
I did this for a while but then gave my second unit to Sayaka Kabuki to
use,  my bandmate in
Noise Clinic while I played with them...........I'm glad she has it, but
I miss it.
Of course, this will create very artifacty things, but I personally love
using
inexepensive pitch shifters and doing things like sending things four
octaves up and the
bringing them four octaves down.............some beautiful artifacts
result.

I also use the pricier Boss Pitch Shifter which goes low but I use the
Chili Dog for all of my bass
needs because it tracks better and sounds more naturalistic.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up!!!!

rick walker