Re: Re: Lower octave

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Jeff Shirkey wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure you have to use a different setting/algorithm than
>> the reviewer used for the Eventide to handle chords. Some of the
>> algorithms handle single note lines/harmonies, and others handle
>> chords much better.
> That said, the Hog may still win the shoot out. But my hunch is that
> the Eventide could have fared better.

Yeah, that makes sense, Jeff,  but what really impressed me in the
comparison was the single note
harmonization and in particular, the bass settings.    The tracking
seemed a lot better, the sound was much more
natural.

To my ear, chordal harmonizations always seem to dense unless there are
very few elements in a mix
The Micro Pog which I own (and like) handles chords pretty darn well but
it's just too thick of a sound once
you begin adding other instruments to the mix.

Am I the only one here with this feeling?

rick walker