Re: More octatrack "looping" kind of stuff...

hello Anders,

sounds like you are enjoying the octotrack. most curious to hear what you are doing with it as you discover the possibilities. How do you set up the live looping for now?

Antony

From: Anders Bergdahl <anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com>
To: Loopers Delight <loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Sun, March 13, 2011 8:19:25 PM
Subject: More octatrack "looping" kind of stuff...

Again having FUN with the Elektron Octatrack, an amazing little instrument! So again no real amp, just a V-stack Tweedy and my Soloway Swan with lollar minihums and I'm actually using the NECK pickup a lot... not sure what to call the "music" style... perhaps crazy...
This machine as a lot of limitations as a looper, in this OS, but it does things normal looper don't, eight separate channels, sequencer, great effects (that can be triggered by sequencer), 2 LFO's for EACH channel that can control, pitch, AMP that, together with Chorus, makes a guitar loop sound like a B3 on acid... IT'S FUN!!!
http://soundcloud.com/anders-bergdahl/octatrack-8-a-flood-engulfs

As for the octa.. one through machine, one flex with a trig record the rest are flex tracks sampled live... some scene mapping (the crazy pitch shift in the begning for example), trigless trigs. ALL effects are the octa NOTHING added in the mix

Feedback and questions are welcome

Enjoy ? Anders