OT Understanding your Muse - A Musical Experiment

Hey Looping Colleagues!

I'm doing an experiment to understand the creative process better for writing music.  No money involved, just for fun and understanding and perhaps sharing the learnings with folks. (As an FYI I'm an Innovation Design Consultant by day)

The premise is this.  I provide you with this amazing mood board. It is to be your inspiration for a song.  Use it however you seem fit, all of it, part of it. The link is here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2466/3819194257_4ed328ae1d_o.jpg

Use this board as inspiration for your tune.  Please be cognizant of what you are doing and how.  It's important for the next step.

After writing/composing the tune, please complete the following short survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NZXGQFS

When all is done, we can share the musical outputs if we so desire (I think it would make for a cool webpage) and I'll analyze the data from the surveys and publish it. But ultimately? The song is YOURS; I have no rights to anything you do; as stated before however, I may share the output of the surveys.

Timeline?  When I did this for myself using a different mood board, I forced myself to do it in a week.  (Some of you may be familiar with that tune, but I won't point you to it for risk of tainting how you do/describe things.) If it takes you longer, please let me know, I'm happy to wait!

You can always contact me with questions at mike@michaelplishka.com or at michael@zenstorming.com

Have fun and looking forward to hearing how you work with your muses!!

Michael Plishka  aka  Plish

www.michaelplishka.com

www.zenstorming.com