Re: Foot controller for a dream looper

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Christopher Darrow <thedarrow@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Sweet. Does it "hear" midi through Ableton? My other plugins do....

Yes, if you set up Ableton to forward received MIDI into the plugin
Mobius will hear it. But personally I like to use a different method:
I set up Mobius to snag MIDI directly from the physical MIDI in port,
no matter if Ableton, Bidule, Mainstage or whatever host application
is hosting the Mobius plugin. By going with that concept I can be sure
that the MIDI bindings I have set up in Mobius will make the looper
react to my MIDI pedal board in exactly the same way every time I plug
in. It is important that if Mobius is set to hihack MIDI in directly
you can't also set up a track (or by the MIDI pref's) in Ableton to
shuffle the same MIDI events into the Mobius plugin. If feeding the
looper dual MIDI events of each kind your looping commands will be
interrupted and crashes will happen. The mantra is "one trigger - one
reaction".

Per