Re: Foot controller for a dream looper

On Mar 23, 2011, at 10:09 PM, Rick Walker wrote:

> On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:
>> That doesn't give you feedback control. You can leave Overdub on and
>layer things at low feedback until the original is mostly gone. Then
>click undo and it comes back. (I keep trying to figure out how the UI
>should work for a looper in which you could fade back on undo rather than
>just jumping back.)
>>
>> Mark
> The LP-2 Mini Looper has 30 levels of undo couple with feedback.
>
> I'm not completely sure, but I think that for every 15% of feedback
>reduction
> it automatically sets up an undo point.
>
> I've been beta testing it and you can do some very cool pieces of music
>with
> long builds that can then be deconstructed rapidly to arrive back at
>your original
> project.
>
> Additionally,  if you make a loop and then call up a second loop (there
>are up to 8 loops
> allowed) you can with a bit of fancy footwork go back and forth between
>sequential
> loops like in the EDP.
>
> Of course,  it is not set up to do this specifically so it's definitely
>more cumbersome
> a way to play........but I've been able to do it with impunity.
>
> You can read about the other goodies in this pretty inexpensive floor
>looper (exact
> size of DL-4)  in several posts I've already made here so I won't bore
>anyone by
> recounting the other things it does.

That's definitely along the lines that I want. In fact, it's overkill. ;-)

If I could live with mono -- where the bigger problem is that it affects
the in & out and not just the loop -- maybe the answer becomes a couple of
LP2's as a multitrack looper. Or hope for some sort of similar stack
unwinding to hit the LP1 some time.

Mark