Re: Re: OT: Microphone for Zoom R24 Digital Recorder

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Paul Richards wrote:
> This Sony looks interesting and is inexpensive-I may just pop for it.
> I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in my original post regarding my
> requirements. I am just looking for a microphone to capture live audio
> in a small space (i.e. living room) of my looping efforts with
> electric guitar, Handsonic HPD10 and some synth. I'd prefer running
> everything into my board/digital recorder but my secondary amp doesn't
> have a line out so it needs miked anyway (I'm still researching a
> solution to miking that amp).
It's perfect for that.   just inexpensive, relatively high quality and
perfect.

I love my Olympus D-10 for exactly that thing.

another option is the Blue Icycle which is a very inexpensive phantom
powered USB pre-amp
(you can find them for as cheap as $40 on line or could when I bought mine)
and just use a laptop with a good stereo or mono microphone.

I'm recording the bulk of an acoustic singer/songwriter record with this
simple method
currently,  straight into Audacity which is a simple and free audio
editor available for
Windows and OSX.

You just plug in the Icycle connected to a microphone,  hit record
and, voila,  start recording......................use some headphones and
your next track will record as you immediately monitor your first track.

It's not the best audio editor in the world but it's easy for just
putting things down quickly
which is what I'm trying to do, lately.

rick walker