Re: does anyone really use Softstep?

I used the SoftStep for the first time on my monthly "Reyn vs ..." gig and
was pretty happy with it. I had a small set and I was actually looping
drums with it. First loop main loop for the song, so the timing was very
important. Timing is ok for me and I only wear Converse shoes on stage so
that might help. Also the fact that it's so light and small and just needs
one USB cable (inc the power) really does it for me too. When you have to
set up so much gear the whole time it's nice to only spend 5 seconds on a
single unit. And the lighted buttons are really chique too.

Only thing is that the first trigger keeps going into a Note On mode after
I reset all the loopers (in Ableton now). But that's probably something I
did wrong inside Ableton, although it doesn't do that with the other
buttons that are sometimes 1 on 1 copies. Have to dive into that. I also
read about bugs in the SoftStep or that some had to be taken back to the
shop for a new one, what are those bugs exactly? 'Cause I hope I at least
have a healthy machine. I only used it with the v1.1 update btw.

Bottom line is that so far I'm really happy with it. Works really well in
combination with my Gordius and they fit both in the same flightcase! :-)

Cheers,

Reyn

www.reyn.net