Separate strings exploration

Hi, I thought I’d post something that some of you would be interested in.  I have put together a rig that routes the 6 separate strings of a guitar through a set of VST effects.  They can then run into Mobius or an EDP or both.  I’ve put a pdf about this in a public Dropbox folder:  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5028778/Separate%20Strings%20Rig%20March%202011.pdf

Other than the Baxendale Breakout Box, this was all pulled together with either stuff I’ve had for years, or recent acquisitions that were very budget-conscious.  There is probably some more elegant solution to preamping than the Audio Buddies, and there are better sound cards than the AuidioFire8, but they work really well and were inexpensive.

I’ve been more focused on basic musicianly learning while pulling this together, and need to stay in that mode, so it will be a while before I have it under some measure of control, but it does feature in the last minute-plus of a tune posted on S’Cloud:  http://soundcloud.com/howl-din/barn-with-peel-still.  Nothing very considered about the VSTs or string routing, mind you.

Hal Dean