Re: More Softstep Feedback - Attention Bill Walker:)

Hi,

I havenīt used a FCB1010 up to now, but as I need a new midi-controller and canīt afford the Little Gordius yet, I intend to buy a FCB 1010 and did a bit of web research about the problems, many of you had mentioned on this list.

I came upon this website http://www.ossandust.be/index.php of a guy whoīs selling eproms with improved software for the FCB1010 . He has a comparison chart on his website, so those of you who are already using the FCB1010 can check if some of the occurring problems are solved with this new software. As you simply replace the old chip, you can always go back to the original software. The guy sells the e-prom (incl. worldwide shipping) for 16 Euros, which is quite okay I guess if the device is working without any issues afterwards.

Maybe sb. has already done this replacement and can share his experiences?!

Ingo

Ingo Ito

Conversly, I have been through four FCB1010s in as many years-- the swithces are great.  But the Firmware is unstable. They go hey wire eventually and start srumbumbling all your CC presets eventually.  Once this happens, they never perform well again in my experience.  Even after a total initialization and reprogramming.  Also, two of the four that I have owned I have had to service the internal power supply.

I continue to use them because they are cheap, they are silent to click and the chassis is really well built.

If I could figure out what the trigger event is that causes this problem, (Some combination of midi commands?) perhaps I would not some day buy a fifth one FCB1010.