Re: OT Fretless makers

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Kevin Cheli-Colando wrote:
> So I've pulled the frets on my guitar and filled in the frets with
> epoxy.  As soon as it dries I'll be sanding them down and lowering the
> nut.  My question to all you DIYers who may have done this yourself,
> did you leave the fretboard as is after you sanded the frets down
> again or did you cover the neck in epoxy and smooth that down?  I've
> seen it both ways and I thought I'd get opinions from this august body
> of experimenters.
I did a radical thing:    I didn't fill in the frets and so far,  it
seems to play
pretty well.............additionally,  you can feel the gap as you slide
over it
so it unconsciously helps with intonation.

That said and done,  my assistant, Maha, who is very skilled visual
artist in acrylic/wood and stone
sculpture is planning to figure out how to fill the frets with acryillic
that gloes dayglo pink
under black light so I can so my black light shows with some kind of
correct intonation.

I'll let you know how that goes.

rick walker