Re: my new love: PIGTRONIX ECHOLUTION (12 sec of delay looping)

Scott Hansen schrieb:
> OMFingG--I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!
Hi Scott,

I think you were also in that discussion (if not its main actor) when
some time ago I asked about a proper PDS8000 alternative - so your
review of the Pigtronix here is very interesting to me!

Commenting on a few of your statements (based on what I found in the
manual etc.):

1. price: just checked, the price here is 'round €480, which is about
€150 more than a Digitech Time Bender, or €200 (or a little bit less
than a Boss DD20) more than a used PDS8000 on ebay....just to put it
into perspective.

2. delay time: just browsed the manual, and there's this statement in
bold print: "maximum delay time in tap tempo mode is 20 seconds". So it
seems that if you can do without the modulation things, then you have a
little bit more of delay time.

3. delay time again: yes, there's times when I want a long loop - "long"
as in "longer than 12s". However, most of the time the loops I
completely fuck up with modulation are somewhat shorter, so while a
longer delay time would have been nice, it's no showstopper for me - for
longer loops, I got Möbius, anyway.

4. MIDI: doesn't have a MIDI jack, so I doubt it.

5. looping: the description of the loop switch has this statement in the
manual: "Although the Echolution can be used as a stand-alone loop
machine, you will get better results by this function in combination
with a dedicated looping device." - Say what?

6. reverse: yes, it has a switch for it. Scott, can you describe what
kind of "reverse" this is (looper-style: the playback changes when you
flip the switch vs delay-style: the echoes always come out reverse by
some tricky phrase guessing algorithm)?

Perhaps I really need to get a new pedal after all...

Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs