Re: well ableton live is pretty cool, isn't it!

Glad you're on a rewarding track now with your big rig change project!

Yep, I agree. Live is cool due to the MIDI clips option to control
loopers. I used mainly Ableton before Mainstage came around, but since
then I use Mainstage 1 because it has better MIDI clock sync
(following my adventurous tempo changes in the Mobius looper) and also
because I am able to pick a sparse palette of plugins that give me
even lower CPU use than Ableton and Bidule. As for Mainstage 2 I've
actually never migrated there yet, not stable with the multi plugin
parmeter morphing I like to do.

With every combination of host application and palette of plugins
there are pros and cons and for the plugins I like to use Mainstage 1
has proven the best sounding host solution. Actually, many of the
Mobius scripts I still use today started as Ableton Live MIDI clips to
control an Electrixpro Repeater ten years ago ;-))  Not much new here
on the tech side I guess, but to me that means good soil for musical
progression.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se