Re: 3D - Doppler effect plugin?

I too am not really sure what "3D" should be interpreted as in sound
(surround system with speakers also in the ceiling and under the
floor?), but the Doppler plugin of the GRM Tools Classic bundle aims
at the 2D doppler effect in sound. Here's an excerpt of the manual:

"Doppler
This plug-in lets you move sounds through an audio space with changes
in pitch that correspond to their movement. You can also transform
sounds through loudspeaker modulation, create unusual vibrato effects
How does it work?
Doppler simulates the effect obtained by moving sound through a
two-dimensional space. A sound moving closer to the hearer (placed in
the centre of the two- dimensional slider) will be transposed upwards,
while a sound moving away from the hearer will be transposed
downwards. Movements follow the displacement of the two- dimensional
cursor, to which may be added an automatic circular movement. Based on
a physical propagation model, this processing also enables the
obtaining of non- realistic results by the decoupling of variations in
amplitude and in the Doppler effect.
The controls are further explained below in the section called Reference."

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com