Re: Re: portable PA for electronic looper

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Daniel Thomas wrote:
> Personally speaking, I don't care for the sound of the Bose system.  Its
>a big "consumer smile" sound--Lots o low end below 200hz and exaggerated
>highs above 3K.
> But the mid range leaves much to be desired in the way of warmth and
>direct projection.
We used them at NAMM for a couple of years in the Looperlative booth
and, frankly,  I like the smaller pa Bob brings a lot more.
I agree with you that it lacks warmth in the midranges.

Definitely NOT worth the hefty price tage, imho.

I love my RCF 10"  powered monitors for my own gigs.      RCF was the
Italian company that manufactured Mackie's for a while.
I heard that they had an un-amicable split and started competing with
them.   My brother has the 10" powered Mackies (which I like) but the
RCFs actually go
down to 40 hz (whereas the Mackies only go down to 50 hz).    They are
more expensive than the Mackies because of the dollars
weakness against the Euro but I'm glad I sprung for them.    Very very
light weight and easier to dolly than the Mackies whose round fronts look
nice but don't go well on a dolly, imho.

I then use either a Mackie 1402 or a Mackie 1604 as a mixer unless I'm
running my wonderful, portable D-Tar preamplifier for quick set up, throw
on an airplane type gigs.

If I have enough time to set up and it's a relatively low volume
situation,  I purchased a very inexpensive subwoofer system designed
for home stereos.   You can pick them up for between $100 and $200 at
places like Fry's.    They are not intended for professional
sound reinforcement situations but I find them to be perfect in a small
coffee shop or museum gallery setup.

They just fill in the sub sounds instead of hitting you over the head
with subsonic frequencies like so many pro P.A.s these days.

Personally,  I've come to almost hate subwoofers because they are so
overused and abused.

Subs that are too loud are to Pro Audio what that Warbling Auto Tune
sound is to modern pop and hip hop.    lol,   rant over.

rick walker