Re: slightly OT: laptop advice for running softsynths live

lol! yeah, i guessed that was the error!

well his budget won't stretch to a new macbook plus logic, although i agree it would be the best solution, so i'll advise him to look at option one. most of these new machines come with 4Gig of ram, so that's not a problem, i think it's the processor he needs to pay attention to. some of the really cheap ones still come with celeron processors, which he must avoid at all costs. intel dual 2 core is the way to go.
thanks for your help, as always, per

sim

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> in a band using a 2.2MHz Macbook

Oops, another fast-finger-fuckup. Should be GHz of course! I don't
think I have used a 2 Mhz machine since the Atari days :-))

Per