Re: electrix starting again?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Ruelle Benoit wrote:

> Why would you buy electrix? Does this gives you some intelectual
> rights on the legacy products?

I don't know about the intellectual rights on legacy products, but I,
personally,  love the Electrix Repeater.
Though more sophisticated (and reliable) loopers now exist on the market
it does one thing that no
other hardware looper does and that is you can control the speed of the
loop without changing pitch and
you can repitch the loop without changing it's speed.

As a found sound artist this opens up a world of possibilities for me.
It means I can hit a brass candy dish
with my thumb,   manipulate the overtones in a rhythmic ostinato with my
mouth held close to the dish
and then can control this sound chromatically over three octaves (one up
and two down).

That means that every single found object I use can be recontextualized
as a chromatic instrument
with the use of a wind controller (I use a WX-5 Yamaha wind controller,
a keyboard or an old
Roland Pad80)

When my unit gave up the ghost after many years,  my brother, graciously
gave me his old unit to use.
I'm about to put it back into my performance rig after a few years
apart.  I'm very stoked about that.

Rick Walker

ps  I also have and love their Filter Factory,  the MoFx and the Warp
Factory (vocoder)
which are all very saliently cool because you can use them in very
rhythmic ways with midi sync and with drum machine
like buttons that control whether you are turning the effect on or
turning it off in a rhythmic fashion.