Re: livelooping articles for a guitar magazine

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Michael Peters wrote:
> I don't know any world famous guitarists, other than Fripp, employing
> livelooping in an extensive way (please correct me)
I don't know if these people are famous in Europe or not, but
Bill Frissell uses a hell of a lot of looping in his performances as well
as Nels Cline (who plays with Wilco which is a super popular band).
the great producer Jon Brion (Fiona Apple) has a weekly live looping gig
in LA.     Kellar Williams is very famous in the States and he does large
multi-instrumental shows that depend entirely on live looping.

Our own Zoe Keating's recent record spent 14 weeks on the Billboard
Classical music charts
and has contributed her solo looped cello to tours and projects by Imogen
Heap, Curt Smith (of Tears for Fears), Amanda Palmer, DJ Shadow, Rasputina
and movie sound track genius, Mark Isham.

These folks might just be famous in America though.

Also, for what it's worth,  I was listening to NPR the other day and in
an hour of
all things considered I heard looping music three different times.

Looping music is showing up regularly in movie soundtracks and car
commercials
in the US.

I'm also seeing a lot of loopers on a lot of guitar players pedal
boards,   probably 2 to 3 times as
many as I did 5 years ago.

there is a lot of proliferation of live looping going on from my vantage
point.

and lastly,  Michael,   I'd be happy to contribute an article on time
and timing techniques for
modern guitarists that can be radically enhance with live looping
techniques if that's ever appropriate
for your series of articles (or an interview about said subject if you
must be the writer for the magazine).
That will be the next subject that I will positing to the 2012 PASIC
convention (the Percussion Arts Society
is the largest musical organization on earth and PASIC is their annual
convention).