Re: What's your looper control strategy?

Thanks Per! I'm gonna give those points some heavy thought. I've
definitely been digging the shuffle command to slice up some chords/drones
with machine like timing lately. Maybe I should bring my bass stand to
gigs so I can free up both hands and begin my interplanetary musical
travel:)
-Todd Matthews
On Jun 3, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Per Boysen wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Todd Matthews <gtmatthews@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> This discussion about hands versus feet with your looping control is
>> interesting though. Never thought about hands for anything other than
>> playing my instrument.
>

> ONe point in using loopers to perform music is that it takes some
> workload off your hands' instrument playing. So even a harpist should
> be able to lift a finger once in a while.
>
> Another point is that looping can introduce machine-like timing that
> is almost impossible to create by only organic instrument playing.
>
> Third point being that looping may create other-worldly sounds and
> musical parts that traditional instruments can't produce for you.
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> - Suburbs of Goa [SomaFM] -

Todd Matthews