Re: Looping 50 Fugues with a 'Bass Choir' & an LP-1

Todd, I did learn a lot compositionally, mainly relating to music more
melodically (linearly/horizontally) That older 3 part style basically
doesn't concern itself with the chord progression
(harmonically/vertically) it just 'goes for it' with 3 simultaneous
melodies, it seems to be about whatever sounds good & works in the moment.
 It was good for me to just digest the melodic aspect and not think at all
about the harmonic structure (or 'chord changes) which is something I
studied in school and use a lot when I'm playing jazz (though actually
these days I'm really trying to bring the 'non-thinking-linear-in the
moment' approach into my jazz playing, it really makes it better.  They
say 'learn the rules before you break them' what they din't tell me is
that breaking the rules isn't as easy as it sounds after learning them,
for me it was like un-training a stubborn trained monkey ;) I love knowing
what's going on and it's a valuable skill, but at a
 certain point I needed to 'jump off the cliff' or 'walk through the door'
as my old bass teacher Ray Drummond used to say.

 uh oh-rambling alert! anyhow, thanks for listening and SO glad you
enjoyed them, my eventual goal is to perform these with other bassists
live (I've done them solo with live looping) here's 2 of them live at
Y2KX:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UccelloProject#p/a/B83093349FFA23BA/1/RAUhx4PMreA

so...may be we'll get to jam on them together someday!