Original Boss RC-20

Greetings,

I have an original Boss RC-20... not the newer RC-20XL. I'm toying with the idea of picking up a second one... as cheaply as possible. (But I will wait until I actually need it before acting on the impulse.)

Meanwhile, as I search eBay and Craig's List, I'm only finding the XL version. Really? Does no one want to dump the older (oldest of the Boss RC-xx), less capable model? If anyone spots one, please forward a link. Thanks.

The idea is: I'm trying to convince a singer to start a (pop/rock) duo where I play acoustic guitar. I need to make loops, usuall only one loop per song is needed for the songs I've been working on. But every now and then, I need a second loop faster than I can erase the first loop. Remember, I'm not saving loops on the fly or touching the pedal with my hands. It's all foot-only operation. By putting a second RC-20 in series with the one I've got, I'd have all the capability that I need. I'm not interested in using loops prepared in advance or saving what I play on the fly so memory slots and anything more spiffy aren't desired. I figure getting a second RC-20 ought to be cheaper than selling what I've got and replacing it with something more capable like an RC-50, for example.

Oh my! I just searched the Boss site for "Loop Station" and found RC-2 and RC-3. These flew totally under my radar! It looks like an RC-2 would be good enough for my application. Is this a current or discontinued item?

Cheers,

Bill