Re: Original Boss RC-20

Victor,

A bit of wisdom that may and may not apply to the RC 50 but has applied to
MANY things I've bought, upgraded, swapped, sold, horse traded etc:

THe newest version is NOT always the best.   In fact, after having spent
hundreds of thousands of dollars on music stuff, I frequently wait to buy
the newest versions so the creator has time to iron out the bugs that
slipped through the cracks.  Quite often, WE are the focus group, the test
group of new devices, software etc.  I remember this well in the first
days of Digidesign where I would call with an issue, they'd ask me to
repeat what happened.  Then there would be silence and they would say, "Oh
cool!  I think I know what that is.  I'll get back to you."

Think of the Jupiter 8, the old tweed Fender Supers and Twins, the Tube
Screamer, the migration from analogue tape to digital (both have extreme
advantages over the other).

Newer is not necessarily better.  Sometimes it is, often it's not.  For
Digidesign (now Avid), MOSTLY it's improvement... but often it's four
steps forward, one terrible step back.

With time, marketing hype starts to sound like white noise.

Just my simple headed opinion!!!  Results may vary!

Richard Sales
Sent from my IPad
www.glasswing.com