Re: OSC and I phones and Whiskers on kittens........

Bill I'm intending to try this for Mobius.  Sounds like you have made some good discoveries thus far.  Seems like I recall Randolf having some cool attachment to his guitar supporting the his iphone.  Thanks for the report.

Jim

Yes,
 the thing that Randolph had was really cool, I believe his Klien has more controllers on it than Adrian Belew's Parker Fly!
 I'm going to suggest he find a way to mount a Kaoss pad on it :-) Then it will be all over..:-) Though if i'm switching instruments that becomes less practical to have it mounted on a guitar, so I've been researching alternatives and they do make microphone stand adaptors which looks like what I'll use,but  I'd like to find an adaptor that actually has mic stand threads or camera mount threads  rather than a clamping style adaptor which is what I've seen so far. I was finally, able to get my pc messages going and set up a cool template with 20 pc messages,  thanks to Hans Lindauer at Missing Link,  that i will eventually get in and alter so that I can have basically every function I use covered without having to switch banks on my foot controller. though most critical stuff for timing I would still do with my feet, but commands like quantize replace can now gravitate to the i phone as I rarely capture the initial attack of the note when applying quantize replace to achieve a softer more ambiguous timbre. And the thing is totally click-less!!!!!!!
Makes me wonder if any one has yet been able to tame the softstep and make it work for them.  Makes me wish I had an
 I pad, and makes me wish Apple made a foot controller :-)
 Bill