Re: New Topic Suggestion

"an old farting dog in the corner"

WTF!? I'm only 38 y.o. Although I've been known to fart on occasion.

From: mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: New Topic Suggestion

I agree Bill, and Im sure you saw the irony in what I was saying, I certainly DID enjoy your fine bit of yankee venting.

Over the years on LD I have been the cause of a few misunderstandings and flamings, just cos humour and political correctness are different the world over.

I think it is interesting that on a huge list like LD, we very rarely have these problems, and when they do pop up, I am always reminded of our sadly missed founder who never banned anyone, but I certainly received a well worded and curt private mail, intelligently putting me firmly in my place.

The people on LD are all wonderful, fine and on the most part friendly people, all skilled and passionate artists in what they do.
Here me...? Artists...Musicians!!! Drunk, noisy, passionate Artists!!!
Not politicians, priests or HR directors (although some might be!!)

I dont think there is any need for people to "prove" their shredding (or looping) skills, to be accepted here, we are all newbs here in a way.

Of course, random bursts of anger or stupidity DO occur, but the nature of the internet and the short ill conceived messages it encourages, means that the medium is prone to exaggeration, misunderstanding, and alot of hot air.

I dont hate Mr Fudski, or what ever his name is, I just see him as an old farting dog in the corner, or drunk Uncle Bob.. kind of annoying, but still part of the family.

thats it for me on this subject

Mark