Re: Roland (was Old Guitar Synths)

Thanks for the props Rick and the fuzzy memories Daniel, speaking of Daniel Thomas , I just saw him tear it up tonight playing with Bob Brozman at a local benefit, playing the bejesus out of an Jazz manouche style guitar as Bob got down on a national steel guitar. Recently  He lent me a really cool mic made by DPA that I used to record these two vids, I'm using a hybrid sound of the DPA 4099, and a duncan mag mic in the sound hole of my acoustic weisenheimer lap steel.  the DPA is a subminiature  shotgun mic, with enough off- axis feedback rejection to have my studio monitors on  and multiple loops going, without too many  phase cancellation or feedback problems.  Once again captured on a Q3, Hey Paul, regarding Roland, a little birdie told me there is something on the horizon, he used the words RC-58, but i don't know if he was being cryptic or coy or what, usually though when he says something is on the horizon,  it generally is.
 here are the vids, enjoy the crickets

 Bill