Re: EDP Error message

hi Mark,
there's 3 EDP error messages that I've seen,
something like

nIdI
dead
and one really rare one which is some kind of 'smiley face',
(which I only saw once, may have been when trying sysex stuff)

So I guess what your mate has is nIdI , which kind of indicates Midi error.

'nIdI' and 'dead' used to appear quite regularly in the days
of testing loop4, but these days I only occasionally get
nIdI when I boot up the 2 edps in some haphazard way.

The edp will always hang if when an error is displayed.

I just tried to get nIdI by randomly powering on/off the 2 edps,
..but I only see it very briefly sometimes as a machine is switched off.

So, only 2 things to suggest.

1) maybe some interruption in the power is causing this, perhaps an
internal
  fault of the edp, perhaps not.
2) do a factory reset (boot edp while holding param button)

mark francombe wrote:
My band mate has trouble with his EDP, it keeps showing an error message nid (or NId probably) and then the machine hangs:

Anyone know what that is? I checked the manual and its not there, could it just be some LED junk as the machine crashes? I haven't checked it myself, so maybe he has some weird midi parameters set, although I don't know what they might be...

Anybody might think that Im having EDP woes currently, but that is not the case, its just that Im experiencing some normal technical tweaking issues such as befals a new and exiting, but rather geeky, new band project... when we are all fully tweaked, then we will totally rip it up!

/_Mark Francombe_/
www.markfrancombe.com <http://www.markfrancombe.com/>
www.ordoabkhao.com <http://www.ordoabkhao.com/>
http://vimeo.com/user825094