Re: strymon timeline

Just took delivery of the Timeline here (second batch).

- Build quality feels pretty solid. The tallish knobs worry me just a tad
:)
- True bypass dry path (optional buffered too) is true indeed, no
tonekill...
- Delay tonalities are sparkly, lush, very musical
- Very easy to figure out sans manual

Loving the high pass filters, the smear feature, the grit and filter
features, the lo-fi mode is super fun and the tape delay is just gorgeous.
The unit is quiet as can be in every mode.

It is *not* a looper with delay, as with the Jam Man, but a delay with a
'hold' style looper, more like the Pigtronix Echolution.

I've not explored the looper beyond that, nor have I looked into the MIDI
implementation. Totally looking forward to that.

At this point I have cautious but high hopes: I can foresee letting go of
most of my other delays if possible... The Timeline seems to have all the
stuff for which I've retained each of those units, plus more that none of
them have, including precision control/readouts, preset save / recall
banks, MIDI and and expression pedal support. Yippidy :)

Happy to share more details after some further exploration if there is
interest.

Phil :)