Re: (is this) OT (?) : universal music, or music of the spheres

Interesting (and complex) reading, thanks for sharing it.

-f

Il giorno 10/set/2011, alle ore 15:47, Ed Durbrow <edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp> ha scritto:

Fabio_A wrote:
First time I stumble upon the theory of "music of the spheres"*.*
**I can see looping content here,

Yes, very interesting. Here, enjoy: http://wlym.com/antidummies/part36.html

I could imagine loops of different lengths in a multi looper, the loop lengths reflecting the relationships between the visible planets. You could also/or base the loops on different pitches.

I didn't read all but I guess it mentions that Kepler was preoccupied with harmonic relationships. Galileo Galilei's father and younger brother were both famous lutenists. The Medieval/Renaissance idea, as I understand it, was that we glimpse moments of ecstasy through our imperfect music and aspire to the perfect music we cannot but imagine. I think some non-western cultures name the notes or strings of some instruments based on the planets