Re: GR-55 (Re: What is Boyson doing exactly?)

Hmmmm,

The "dry" signal that I get out the back of myVG99 (from my magnetic PUs)
seems pretty OK to me.

That part of my tone is pretty important to me and I't notice if it were
significantly off.

I wonder if it's just a problem with your VG99 - it's been know to happen.

Mine seems to work fine.

I use my guitar to drive a VG99, a GR1 and a whole separate 3rd processed
signal path for my Duncan pickups too - which I then mix to taste before
it goes into MaxMSP.

I've a whole set of my own patches on the GR1 that I've customized since
the early '90s, a bunch of patches I use on the VG99 . . . but still, my
main sound is in my magnetic PUs.

Taking the raw "guitar out" from the back of either the GR or the VG seems
pretty identical to one where I just plug it directly into the amp with
nothing between m'em but a cable.

Something must be wrong somewhere.

It shouldn't be a significant problem.

Best,