Re: Re: Live Looping versus using Pre-Recorded Loops

Isn't it just all about the music here? Does the music itself have impact, is it rewarding to play and listen to, whether with recorded loops or live loops?  Yes, Rick, I've heard some 'track' musicians who are less lively, but I'm not sure it's because of that, but more because the overall effect is so, not simply because they're going pre-recorded.

I do both in varying combinations without subjecting myself to the conversations I think others might have about what's live and what's memorex. Many have cited that the audience often assumes it's ALL track, and that sometimes happens to me too.  If I concentrate too much on the question, then the music doesn't get made.  I welcome feedback from all sides as to what's effective or not about my music, and if I received some from my brethren and sistren here, or from my girlfriend, I go back to the drawing board to examine it again.

I actually find it super rewarding to play the game of integrating live looping with loops I've captured earlier and then trigger at appropriate times.

My dos pesos, cheers, all.  T.