Re: RE: Live Looping versus using Pre-Recorded Loops

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Anders Bergdahl wrote:
BUT if i start with 6 "canned" loops in, for example, my octatrack and i then start out to mangle and resample them in an Improvised live manner, then it would be live looping again.. sort of.. With the right peice of gear pre-recorded loops are more like waweforms... you can create totally new improvesed music where the loops are just the starting points.. I will record a peice like this as soon as a have time and you can judge if it qualifies as live looping :-)
Yeah, Anders..........excellent point!

But as William says,  your intention becomes part of the creation.
This is different from someone who comes in with 6 tracks of dubstep music
that has already been created and who remixes it slightly, calling it live looping.

r.