Re: Guitar wiring.. Is this dangerous???

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:58 AM, mark francombe <markfrancombe@gmail.com>
wrote:
> ill Get around to this, from an initial shock at how ...the same as
> the GR30, just without the arp ( which i KNEW In advance- but still
> why remove the best thing about the 30/33?) i have gotten over a
> learning curve, and am now "getting it",

Yes I too miss an arp in there. But for me it works just as good to
put the arp in the laptop (Alchemy). Another thing "missing" in the is
the option to use analog input level for assigning a envelope follow
function to a parameter (Duke mentioned this as one of his fav's).

But I love the GR55 anyway! One cool thing I like is to use its Ping
Pong Delay for looping. You could use the Ctrl button to "cut in/out"
audio or you could set the expression pedal to a nice scaling of
several parameters like delay feedback, delay volume, delay input. You
can get a musically very playable freeze-morph-looping patch out of
that.

And be sure to check out those "feedback guitar" tones!

Per