From: mark@markfrancombe.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:32:03 +0100
Subject: Re: livelooping. organic
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM, phillip wilson <phillwilson@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is my understanding correct that the ESX/EMX is the second generation in
> the "Electribe" product line, of which the ES-1 and ER-1 (?) were the
> first generation?

Yes to a power of 10+ ... the  ESX is the sampling unit is has 9 one shot drum parts , 2 scaled keyboard parts and then a (devides a longer sample into "slices" )Slice part and two Stretch parts (made for playing a whole drum loop where the speed can be varied whilst doing its best ot maintain pitch)

Thanks for that run down Philip, I must say that I reviewed the EMX earlier this year with a view to having an "immediate" improvisational addition to my set-up for adding synched but fucked up beats to my live looping improv.

I went instead for the Kaossilator Pro, thinking that in someway the kaos style was more ME, and more immediate. I must say that I feel I made the wrong choice. Although I use the Kaossilator daily, mangling its pedestrian sounds with an additional Kaos quad (very happy with, and my workhorse the alesis AirFX, and am pretty happy with it.

BUT its not doing quite what I had hoped. I am now thinking of selling it and getting a EMX.

I dont know if I have explained my specific needs, but do you think it may be what I would prefer?

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com