Re: livelooping. organic

On Nov 8, 2011, at 11:50 AM, Rainer Straschill wrote:

> Yes, and from my experience, most people who do live-looping (whatever
> that may be) simply use something like a Boss RC-50, record a track,
> then record another one, and then have them play while they solo on top
> of them. And there's very very few that do the odd "EDP gone crazy"
> schtick so some of us can enjoy it.

I observed after Y2KX that while I used to put lots of effort into
evolving loops, my music seems to have drifted more toward recording a
backing track loop and then focusing on improvising over that. The loop
becomes just a way of creating some extra sonic density. I'm not sure
what's driven that change.

Mark