Re: Austin, TX loopers

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Darren Michaels wrote:
Are there any Austin, TX area loopers on this list? I'll be traveling through at the end of January and have a show opportunity where I'd like to split the bill with someone.
Thanks!
Darren Michaels
http://darrenmichaelsbass.com
http://darrenmichaels.bandcamp.com/
Hey Darren,

I don't know of Austin loopers per se, but I do know that two very talented
live loopers live in San Antonio, Texas.

James Sidlo has played the Y2k loopfestival a few times (and also in Zurich at the 1st
European Live Looping Festival that Bernhard Wagner put on).

He's a really good songwriter (check out his project Honey Barbara)
and multi-instrumentalist.

A guy who goes by the moniker, Bobdog also lives there the last I heard.
He was with early incarnations of the Pigface (playing bass guitar, I believe), the industrial 'super group'. He plays electric Sarod and is a fascinating musician
with a lot of touring experience.

I've seen them both play and they are really interesting and unusual, excellent musicians.

They are both, incidentally, very good improvisers.

good luck,

yours,   Rick Walker