Re: Boss PS-6 as a tool for looped bass.

I almost hate to give my opinion on these matters because y'alls ears are
so much better than mine and tend to operate on a whole different level.
I had an OC2 and I found it unacceptable for even my ridiculously low
standards. I hated it.
I went to the nearest used equipment store to find a replacement.
The salesman gave a glowing endorsement of a POG pedal built by
Electro-Harmonix, who when I started in the early 80s was generally
regarded as a crap brand.
Apparently they really got their act together cause after a brief test I
gladly paid 125 for a used EH pedal. I thought I should have had my head
examine but my sound engineer (drummer) gave it another glowing
endorsement and told me about it.
I generally use it to lay down bass drum thumps off my banjo head. I've
also used it in various occasions hooked up to my minstrel banjo. It makes
a pretty good upright tone in that configuration.
The "upper" octave isn't nearly as usable as the lower octave. Much like
the double lower octave on the OC2 isn't too useful either.

I've never tried any rack mounted octave effects. I already have a
ridiculous enough banjo setup. Rack units would just be too over-the-top.

Chaz Worm - singer, bass, banjo
Earth, Worm, &, Fire and
Electric Light Opry
http://ChazWorm.com