Re: suck on this, mother_loopers

You Can't hurry Love
rig

From: Sylvain Poitras <sylvain.trombone@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: suck on this, mother_loopers

You could blue (green) screen this, but then you have all the lighting
issues associated with the techniques (getting the background lighting
to match with the composed elements) and likely some scaling issues
(to say nothing of matching camera angles... I'm just not good enough
to pull this off and be happy with the results.)
It's probably easier to keep each "performer" in his own corner of the
room and film everything with a fixed camera, running through the song
all the way through for each performers, making sure to get adequately
long footage with no one in the shot. Repeat for each camera angle.
Then, in a software like adobe after effects, you layer each take on
top of each other (the empty room on the bottom) and make a
subtractive mask around the performers. If one performer is moving
"behind" another, you'll have to animate the mask to obscure part of
that performer.
First time I saw something like this was in a Phil Collins video
(anyone remember the song?).
Sylvain