Re: OT: iRig/appogee

Ugh...!!!

I wrote a lengthy reply but iOs5.1 MAIL no longer crashes mid message, it waits till you hit send...!!

Long post short: Had Apogee. Sold Apogee... only peterson strobe tuner was compatible!! iRig OK.. bit noisy, but any interface which uses the mic input is. Peavey was not quieter as claimed.

Alesis dock thingey seems best of all, if you're in the iPad universe...

-Chuck

This was discussed while back I think, I seem to recall Charles offering a review of one of the audio interfaces for iOS devices. I'm thinking about putting one on my suggested family Xmas list. I know the Appogee possibly wins hands down for clean as it connects thru the dock port but it's pricier albeit affordable. If anyone has experience with both please give feedback. In that the iRig is cheaper but seems functional, how noisy is it? Is it tolerable or not worth the diff?

Thx folks.

Jim

Get Tips Across the Waters for your iDevice, http://iTunes.apple.com/us/app/tips-across-the-waters/id474128076?=mt8

http://www.zmix.net